Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ghosts of Possibilities

Dream: "What did you see?" she asked.

"I don't know how to describe it," I replied, still a little shaken by it all. I felt the need to grab a sketchbook and pencil, and I started to doodle while I talked.

"She seemed happy, dancing, and then a figure came out from the house and started talking to her, joining in the dance. She was torn, she wanted to keep dancing, but part of her knew there was danger in the house and started to turn away. It was like she became two people. They even looked different.

A blonde girl continued dancing with the stranger, circling faster and heading back into the house. The other her, a dark haired girl backed away. Staring at the house with dread and a morbid curiosity, but knowing that she should never go in. What happened to her?"

The researcher calmly replied, "She died. She went into the house, and was killed. We never caught the man, but there are times when you're in the right place, listening to the right song that she seems to reach out to people and you can see what happened to her. Some see her being lead into the house, some see her refuse. It is rare for someone to see both at once."

I looked down and saw the drawing. I'd drawn the girl's face, her haunted eyes, and knew what I had to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment