Sunday, September 16, 2012

Flight from School

Dream: There was something evil going on at a high school. I wasn't supposed to be there, I was too old, but I was possibly undercover. It started out simply enough, one of the students was possessed, but then it all went horrifically wrong. There was a big celebration in the canteen, lots of jocks celebrating the quarterback's birthday or something stupid, when the shit really hit.

Diving for cover under the shattered remains of one of the tables, the creatures were all smoke and teeth, ripping students to pieces. I couldn't find S. I knew he would be able to solve this.

In the aftermath, I met with the principal (who looked like Robert Vaughn) and we discussed what was going on. I smoked, and I remember the sensation of the roll-up paper sticking to my lip. I realised in my dream that I didn't smoke.

I remember then that I found S. He was drumming some metal anthem onto upturned plastic dustbins. I climbed up into an old cottage and talked to the old woman there. I realised then that the magic was working and that I should pay respect not only to her for helping me find S, but also to nature for helping me with magic.

I opened the door to the cottage, and said my thanks to nature, releasing any unused magic back into the earth. As I did, a cat spoke to me. Warning me, telling me that the outbreak had happened again and that I should go and help.

"How am I going to get there?" I said to the cat.

"Simple. Fly!" it said...

I turned into a bird, then into an eagle, then a falcon as I experimented in shifting from one form to another, trying to discover what would be the fastest bird to get me to the scene. As I flew, another couple of birds flew alongside. One was carrying a broom - this felt a bit like Harry Potter, only the broom was black, sleek and felt plastic. I grasped it, and turned back into a human, riding it through the storm to the roof of a television station. Other magicians were there, some with strange steampunk optical devices, but they didn't need them,. the evil was on the roof and was about to act.

And then, I woke.

No comments:

Post a Comment