Monday, October 15, 2012

The Lion King

Dream: I was in a strange open hall, with an audience sat around the outside. For some reason I was taking part in a drama, where I was the head of a pride of lions. I was wearing a fake lion head, a huge thing that could mimic my facial expressions for the part, despite it looking like it was mainly made out of cardboard.

The play started, the crowd was silent, and I was crawling on all fours, pretending to be the pride leader. Strange creatures were coming in from the edges of the stage. I tried to bargain with them, there was lots of emotion and I could feel like I was a talking lion. It was weird. I offered the creatures my own life in exchange for that of my mate and cubs. The creatures backed off, the lights went up and the audience applauded.

It was the intermission, and I was mingling with the crowd. People were congratulating me on my performance. As I wandered around, the intermission allowed for makeshift stalls to be set up around the stage, and I continued around the edge of the stage looking at the vendors' wares. One was a couple of girls who'd a stall of old toys, cars and a construction set. I asked them where they'd found them, and they said they'd bought them in a jumble sale.

Then I woke up!

No comments:

Post a Comment