Thursday, August 30, 2012

Battlefield Cycling

Dream: The dream started in a post-apocalyptic battlefield. There was some form of military; I was a conscript. I got locked in a building on my own. I was trying to pretend I was dead or missing or not there, but I was tracked down, escaped somehow, and ended up walking through wastelands. I got on this old coach which had a side part even though we were driving along. The coach was shaped like a T with an extension out of the left side with its own wheels.

There was bit where I took a less popular route to an island. I was cycling to a camp site. The route split into one for cars and one for bicycles and became like a roller coaster made of telegraph poles stuck into the ground, and I nearly fell off. I managed to reach the end and got to a camping site where I could stay. I went to get some resources (of some kind, food?) and there was these tiny gnomes and if you clicked on them (as if in a game) they turned into rats and left behind these things like four spheres in a pyramid shape.

Then stole a boat and rowed to a village by the sea. There where lots of tourists who had come by a different route. I was trying to avoid everyone. Somebody died and the locals wanted to be left alone to bury this person and the tourists wanted to come along and watch.

I wanted to leave so I got back by using this piece of flotsam and jetsam like a stiff sleeping bag that floated; swam with my arms. I was worried that I would look like food to sharks when I came back. I looked under the water and I saw a whale, although I didn't know until I saw the fluke and could work out the scale of what I saw.


Adventure: The post-apocalyptic battlefield seems to be a common dream, and the feeling of being forced into a military situation. The subject is trying to avoid people throughout the dream, but why? Cycling or walking on precarious routes is another common situation, but the subject managed to reach their destination. Most dreams end with a recurring frustration at being unable to get somewhere. 

The tiny gnomes could mean something, but more interesting is the four spheres in a pyramid shape. What could this represent? Is it something from the subject's waking world that they are searching for? Some dream representation of an artifact? 

No comments:

Post a Comment