Sunday, March 17, 2013

Time Travelling Workplace

Dream: I was at work. It was obvious that it was a typical work-anxiety dream. The shop where I was working was being rearranged, and I moved some of the large shelving units and discovered a door that wasn't there before. I opened it, and there was a small hallway, with a door at the end, and some stairs going up. It looked a bit like a fire exit from the rest of the building. Through the door at the opposite end, I opened it and it lead into the shop next-door. But something was wrong. It was empty, deserted, and the shelves were empty. I realised that this was the shop next-door, but before it had opened. The door had lead me back into the past.

I retreated back into the my workplace, and explained to the person I was with what had happened. Curious to see if it was still like this, we both went through the door again, but when we opened the second one, the shop was gone, replaced by open ground and an old factory across the road. It felt like I was in the right place, but it was before WWII, before the area had been destroyed by bombs.

No comments:

Post a Comment