Monday, April 13, 2020

Fingers and waking dreams

I woke up. Or at least, I'd thought I had. D was getting dressed and was very stressed about something. I got up and came over to the top of the stairs to see what she was doing. She was trying to plug in a small portable light, and I asked her what she was doing. She was making something with a machine, but it was early in the morning.

I said, "It's four in the morning" and as I said it I noticed that my hands were strange. There was an extra knuckle and as I looked I could see an extra finger on each hand hidden behind. I was confused and shocked, and knew something was wrong. I started panicking, knowing that something strange was going on and I wasn't sure if I was awake or not.

D tried to console me, and told me to lay down on the folded duvet that was on the floor.

I just remember saying, almost crying, "Don't make me go to sleep, I don't think I'll be able to wake up..."

I woke up in reality with a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment