Thursday, October 10, 2019

Time and Time again

Can't remember much of it, but I remember I was sat on a seat outside on a giant school campus - there was a girl, she was wearing old school robes, and she said that it wasn't going to work, if they found out that was liked each other she would be kicked out. The next thing I knew, she'd run off and I hear that she'd killed herself.

But it wasn't the first time. I remember later she was there again, and we were about to be kicked out of the airlock of a spaceship. As I was about to be thrown in, the guard asked "Do you want to be saved?" - and they took a sample, plugging it into a device so they could create a new version of me from this moment. At that, knowing I'd be recreated, I was fine with being kicked out into space. I didn't think of the ramifications of dying, and another me being created. I just knew that I would drift in space, becoming an icicle, and that it'd be okay.

I met her again. There was a fight, hundreds of guards, and I was armed with a shotgun. We'd failed, and as I fell to the floor, I could see her again, laid in a pool of blood - she looked different, but I knew it was the same girl. As I fell, I could see a weird spiderlike creature, almost a silicone chip with longer legs and an interface needle, crawl out of her cheek - I knew she'd been backed up, and would be recreated.

We'd meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment