Friday, September 15, 2017

Staring at the Sea

I was at work, only it wasn't quite right. The owner had decided to expand, building a new part of the building and I was looking around it with a handful of people. The front was curved, a complete 180 degree window panorama that looked out directly onto the beach. I remember standing up against the glass, looking out and seeing that the sand of the beach came right up to the wall at the bottom of the building, the curve jutting out into the beach itself. Out the window I could see the waves of the sea, huge and tumbling in slow motion, and at once I felt happy.

I turned back to the group of people in the construction, and recognised someone from school that I haven't seen since those days. I remember turning to her and saying "I f***ing love the beach." Before striding off...

I'd left the building, and I was holding a load of important paperwork in my hand. It was dark now, and I was walking into the town, but I couldn't help but feel I was being followed. I rolled the papers into a tube and gripped them hard like a weapon and made my way through a crowd of people in the town centre.

There was a police car in front of me, parked. A couple of police officers were leaning against it, keeping an eye on people and chatting. I approached, and told the female officer that I was being followed and felt like someone was after the important paperwork that I had in my hand. The officer said that there was nothing they could do about it.

I said, "What am I supposed to do then? What would you do if you were in my position?"

She just turned to me and said, "Kill them all."

I could see some of the dodgy people looking at me from a higher road level. I said, "If you say so," and drew a pistol and started shooting. There were more of them, hanging onto the side of a bus, and I remember shooting at them through the windows of the bus as it tried to make its way through the town.

And then I woke...

No comments:

Post a Comment