Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Strange pits and Sledding

Something weird was going on. It was snowing, and I was near Coney Island. I've never been to the States, so this was how my mind imagined it would be - a strange mixture of what I'd seen on TV and the suburbs of Australia. The snow was deep however, deep enough to sled.

There were a group of kids, and they were standing on the sidewalk, jumping up and down. There was a kid sliding down the hill on a sled, and I remember looking like a movie camera, following the kid down until they reached the other kids when he/she suddenly vanished under the snow. There was a hole, hidden under the surface, and the kid just vanished. The others jumped up and down shouting - this is just what happened last time!

I ran over and started digging at the snow, hoping to uncover the hole so we could rescue the child. I started pulling junk out and throwing it over my shoulder, frantic to find the kid.

An old woman came out of the house nearby smoking a cigarette, shouting - "You found his entrance. You better not go down there! That's where he lives. The famous Coney Island Reptile Boy."

Then I woke.


No comments:

Post a Comment